Friday, March 16, 2007

Depressing...isn't it?

I cried at the gym yesterday. That never happens. I've been so depressed lately. So I get out of the gym and I call Mr. Righteous.

I tell him I need him to come home and just be with me. That I've had a shitty day and that I would love if he could cook for me. He tells me that he'll be two hours because he's working out with Tom and that I should take a nap and that he'll be home in two hours to cook. I'm so tired but I don't even attempt to sleep. I pick up some canned soup for one because of Mr. Righteous bad track-record, rent a movie and poor myself a glass of wine and cuddle with my cockatoo She Who Must Be Obeyed on the couch.

Two and a half hours go by and a I decide to call Mr. Righteous. He picks up his cell and I here a lot of activity going on behind him. "Where are you?" I ask. "Oh, Tom and I had such a huge work out at the gym and now we're exhausted. I'm just going to get something to eat first at the bar." Then I hear him talk to the bar tender "An Amstel Light thanks." Then he gets back on the phone with me. "I thought you were sleeping?" "I couldn't sleep. I thought you were coming home." "I'll be home in a few moments okay."

Two more hours and he shows at the door. And I complain. "I said I really needed you here and you go to the bar and drink it up with Tom?" "Tom almost got fired today because of a nasty email that someone wrote. He was having a really bad day."

But so was I. And I'm his girlfriend.

So I said "So how am I meant to see this?...you always put yourself first before me. That's a given. Then comes Tom. And then me?"

He stared at me like a doe in the headlights.

I got nothing.

1 comment:

Kissaki said...

I don't understand why you're still there if he makes you unhappy and won't be there for you if you say you need him.